|13 Not 12||Our Group||Your Sign||Transits||Today|
The Selenite Story
Selenite is a beautiful Crystal and is named after the White Moon Selena because of the magical soft glow this Crystal holds, the White Moon Selena in Astrology represents good karma and offers us great healing abilities, especially when we face and deal with our fears and issues of the Black Moon Lilith in our Astrology Charts. Selenite is a stone of protection and will shield a person or space from any negative energies or harm. As well as being a great stone of protection, Selenite also helps us to attune to our higher selves, our guides and guardian angels, by holding or carrying a piece of this Crystal with us wherever we go, Selenite bestows us with a great feeling of wellbeing.
This crystal brings in a deep sense of peace and tranquility; it soothes us and gives us mental clarity. It is also a stone which is used for luck and holds great transformational qualities. Selenite intensifies the light of high frequency and enhances our consciousness on an advanced level.
Selenite is a hydrous calcium sulfate mineral, which is a form of gypsum crystal, also known as satin spur. It is found in clay beds and hot springs which are what is left of our ancient seas. Selenite manifests in ice like clear, striated, delicate crystals and comes in many different shapes and sizes. These can be found on places like Amazon or EBay; I would recommend buying mixed bags, which give you a variety of chunks and chips in different sizes, as well as investing in a wand and other pieces that are on offer.
Due to Selenite’s salt water formation and our own saltwater beginnings, we resonate with the very essence of this crystal. Selenite brings in 5th dimensional light into our 3rd dimensional matter and quickly opens, balances and activates our chakras, both upper and lower. Selenite is especially good for our root chakra, but is also a powerful tool for our upper chakras; eye chakra, crown chakra and the Soul Star Chakra above our head, which is the gateway to our universal consciousness. Selenite is also good for our bones as it is a calcium source crystal and has also been known to cure skin issues such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, age spots and wrinkles. There is no end to the healing abilities that this crystal is capable of, it is ideal for purification and energy cleansing in all its forms.
Below are examples of how to use this most precious and valuable crystal, although it is not an expensive gem, its benefits far outweigh any other gemstone around! Below is a list of suggestions on how to use Selenite:-
1) You can cleanse your aura by sweeping a Selenite wand up and down your body, holding it about 5 inches away and visualize it sucking out all the negativity such as worry, anxiety and stress. This exercise also prevents us from picking up on other people’s negative energy; just start with the top of the head first.
2) When sitting to work, read, meditate or watch TV, place a piece of Selenite under the feet this will restore balance within the body and give a great feeling of wellbeing.
3) If any part of the body is aching, tense or sore, place a piece of Selenite crystal on the area and leave for around 20 - 30 minutes, the pain or ache should disappear, if it doesn’t the follow the bath cleanse below.
4) Put Selenite all around your home, on window sills, in dark corners and under the bed for the protective healing energy that this crystal gives, under the bed is great for those that suffer restless nights or bad dreams. Selenite will emit a healing and protective light into these areas and when placed all around the home especially in corners, the energy will form a grid and lock in this crystals protective qualities and since Selenite is a self cleansing stone, there is no need to worry about it stagnating in these areas, just occasionally give them a wipe over with a clean damp cloth.
5) Selenite can be planted outside of the home too, in gardens or patio areas; I always bury pieces of Selenite in my flower or vegetable beds, so that the purifying light of this Crystal can be absorbed and enhance the goodness in my flowers, plants or crops. I also put pieces of it into my internal plant pots too.
6) Before you decorate, put a piece of Selenite into the paint pot and leave overnight or for a few days even before painting, the vibration of this crystal will charge your paint with its protective, healing light.
7) A piece of Selenite can be dropped into your bath water and is wonderful for an auric, purifying, cleanse and gives a good charge of healing energy to end a tiring day. I use this crystal additionally to my Epsom Salt bath recipe.
Epsom Salt Bath (detoxing)
A handful of Epsom Salts with half a cup (1/4 pint or 4oz) of Baking Soda and 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil directly into running bath water.
8) You can also charge, cleanse and purify all your other crystals with Selenite by forming a grid or a triangle around them, for an extra charge. Or you can just place a piece of Selenite right next to them.
9) There is much controversy on drinking water that has been soaked with Selenite! I would say only do this when you have become completely familiarized with this crystal by using it in all its forms. I personally get an incredible urge to drink water that has been charged by a Selenite Crystal, but there is some speculation about Selenite splintering, as it is soluble as a salt based Crystal which dissolves in water, in my experience I haven’t found it to dissolve quickly, but it does over a long period of time! As a precaution, I use my herbal teapot that has an inbuilt diffuser which also acts as a strainer. Other than that, a standard tea strainer or sieve can be used.
Also, it is important that we do our best to use the purest form of Selenite, as apparently while this Crystal manifests, other elements are sometimes present such as arsenic! I haven’t been harmed myself for drinking Selenite Water, it isn’t something I do on a regular basis, but when I do, it’s always on a New Moon. I soak a small piece of the Selenite Crystal for about 20 - 30 minutes in mineral water before drinking it; you can use filtered water or tap water too if you prefer. But! If you have any reservations about doing this, then I would recommend that you just place a glass of water on top of the Selenite Crystal for around 20 – 30 minutes, or surround the glass of water the same way I recommend you charge, cleanse and purify your other crystals (refer to images) I also use this method to charge my Flower Essences before I send them out to my Clients, to protect the essence on its journey through the post.
If any of you find other good uses for this magical and wondrous Crystal, then please do get in touch with me, I would love to hear about them, also give me your feedback, I’m all ears.
Bernie: Socialist agitator and 13 sign Leo
He raises more money from small donations than anyone. He's a crowd-funded candidate. Bernie has assembled an army of 650,000 volunteers to press his "democratic socialist" agenda on a nation that sorely needs it. Is it enough now, in this election? MORE
Adele: Aries, Ophiuchus, Juno
Her Moon in Ophiuchus tells the tale. There's a sound and a viewpoint in her music that can hypnotize her listeners. The message is, we all can relate to her pain, regardless of other differences. MORE
We've seen our Yod in the sky, in the form of a missile contrail. The Yod is traditionally a warning of danger, and anyone who ignores one is a sitting duck. How do Yods work and what do they mean? MORE
The Emperor with No Clothes
Just what we need, Leos strutting around like fat cats. All this patriotism and boosterism will disappear like clouds in your coffee. There's no substance, nothing to counter the weight and hard truths of 2016.
Kendrick Lamar, a Taurus in pain
Like other hip hop greats Biggie and Tupac before him, Lamar is a Taurus. Like them, Lamar is also a wounded soul, disappointed in love and touched by death. He has a typical Taurus “do-me” sexual physicality that’s hard to resist, and has dance moves that resemble a boxer in the ring. MORE
Why do people hate Capricorn? FAQ
Because Capricorns win in the end. Because we NEED them. Capricorns have managerial strengths and a powerful sense of values. That's also why their leadership, friendship, or affections can be oppressive and insufferable. We're all grasshoppers to them. MORE
Jupiter and Immigration: the seekers
Individuals who spend a major part of their life roving other countries, or deal with foreigners or just live far away from where they were born, have Sagittarius prominent in their charts or have a very active ninth house, and/or have Jupiter prominently placed in their chart, by aspect or near the angles. MORE
"Stamping His Feet and Spitting His Dummy"
Russell Brand, the British actor and comedian, is the classic Taurus. He's by turns the strident bull and the dancing girl. His latest foray is into politics and economic reform. He's almost painfully honest, articulate and has a fearless sense of humor. MORE
Women Who Kill Men, the anomaly
Women, as a rule don't go out and kill the men who abuse or cheat them. Vary rarely do we find female murderers, much less a mass murderer, although there are the rare exceptions. MORE
Bioscope of the Marquis DeSade, Taurus
Sex was never so exciting, his partners never so beautiful as when pain had released them from the normal bounds of sexual reaction to experience true pleasure. This was the Sade philosophy in a nutshell. “Your body is the church where Nature asks to be reverenced.” he wrote. MORE
The Struggle Against Racism in our time
The heroes of the resistance to apartheid, according to their 13 sign charts. Read the bioscopes of Nelson Mandela, Winnie Mandela, Joe Slovo, and Chris Hani, the top leadership of the African Nation Congress.
Everything you know about comets is false
No ice of any meaningful quantity has EVER been found on any comet that has been studied so far. Comets are stone dry. No ice, no dice. The coma is more amazing that Oort and Wipple ever dreamed. MORE
The Pandemonium of Pluto's Moons
Pluto isn't a dwarf planet, but a dynamic system in miniature! The latest news about Pluto challenges the cosmological view of a cold, dead planet. MORE
Ophiuchus the mass murderer
James Holmes, the young man who shot 70 people in during a Batman movie premiere in 2012, a new US record for mass murder, is an OPHIUCHUS. MORE
Paul Mooney: Comedian or social critic?
A Cancer man of different hats—literally, he worked as a writer for many comedians, from Richard Pryor to Dave Chappelle. He grabs hold of the truth with his claws, pulverizing fools and racists and sending them to the exit door. MORE
Roseanne Barr: Libra with a sting
She always held an ideological view of the American family. She developed a feminist working class hero in the face of childhood alienation and the jealous resistance from the men in suits that run TV. MORE
The Age of Aquarius: 600 years to go
The visible reality of astronomical time, according to NASA and the International Astronomical Union, dispels the notion that the age of Aquarius is just around the corner, instead pointing to a completely different reality. MORE
Comparison of the Zodiac systems
|Aries||Mar 21 - April 20||April 15 - May 15||April 19 - May 13|
|Taurus||April 21 - May 20||May 16 - June 15||May 14 - June 19|
|Gemini||May 21 - June 20||June 16 - July 15||June 20 - July 20|
|Cancer||June 21 - July 21||July 16 - Aug 15||July 21 - Aug 9|
|Leo||July 22 Aug 22||Aug 16 - Sep 15||Aug 10 – Sep 15|
|Virgo||Aug 23 - Sep 22||Sep 16 - Oct 15||Sept 16 – Oct 30|
|Libra||Sep 23 - Oct 22||Oct 16 - Nov 15||Oct 31– Nov 22|
|Scorpio||Oct 23 - Nov 21||Nov 16 - Dec 15||Nov 23 – Nov 29|
|Ophiuchus||NA||NA||Nov 30 – Dec 17|
|Sagittarius||Nov 22 - Dec 21||Dec 16 - Jan 14||Dec 18– Jan 18|
|Capricorn||Dec 22 - Jan 20||Jan 15 - Feb 14||Jan 19 – Feb 15|
|Aquarius||Jan 21 - Feb 19||Feb 15 - Mar 14||Feb 16– Mar 11|
|Pisces||Feb 20 - Mar 20||Mar 15 - April 14||Mar 12 – April 18|