|13 Not 12||Our Group||Your Sign||Transits||Today|
The Constellation of Sagittarius MORE
SUN IN SAGITTARIUS
Characteristics according to
Cyril Fagan (founder of Sidereal astrology)
• Innate sense of elitism, whatever their environment.
• Stratification is inherent in their sense of order socially, professionally, politically. Hierarchical.
• Excellence. Quality-conscious.
• Tremendous pride in doing well what they do. Artistic only in the sense of eager for quality results.
• Self-image problems. Don't meet their own standards of excellence. (May think they have to prove themselves.)
• Compliment Sagittarius and you will get a sputtered, embarrassed reply; hear it joked away; or have it completely ignored. Denigrates compliments, makes them seem not worth replying to and doesn't think he deserves them.
• May not want to believe what you tell him about his horoscope. (Doesn't want to get busted.)
• Sense of humor ironic, or commonplace and prosaic.
• HIGHER & HIGHER Motif. Ambitious, climbing, striving to achieve.
• May be directed into religious/spiritual areas.
• Satisfied at attaining a preconceived level. (The arrow is aimed at a specific mark or target.)
• Self-image problems may strangle ambition.
• Much traveling. (The urge to get somewhere.)
• Improvement-oriented. Respect for the acquired, built-up body of knowledge.
• Takes it, adds to it or improves it, then uses it. Improves for the present.
• Expects others to pick it up for later generations.
• Strongly conscious of RIGHT as he understands it assumes others know what his values are.
• Has own principles and view, and lives by them. Follows what he feels is true and right.
• Disciplinarians. Behaviorist dichotomy of punishment vs. reward, law & order, etc.
• Benevolently judgmental. Benevolence is used as a solution sometimes instead of spade calling. (Would rather let a problem go unsolved.)
• High change threshold. Seeks improvement of present conditions rather than seeking new innovations and change.
• Sagittarius perpetuates those cultural elements and human values which have proven worthwhile within his perspective. Mores-preserving. o Patron of most art forms. o Academic-minded, scholarly and studious. o Religion, drama, history, foreign affairs, education.
• Responds to societal standards far stronger than to peer group pressures.
• In romance, follows the rules. (MATING DANCE.) Both sexes play out their expected roles in male-female relationships.
• Men are chivalrous; Women want to be courted, but may go to bed with someone simply because they feel it is expected.
• Gallant men, gracious ladies. (Courtly.) Conscious of the impressions they are making.
• A sense of aristocracy. Much pride.
• Keen sense of the dramatic: appropriate dramatization.
• Sticks to family ties (decent = descent). Intensely patriotic. My country (or family), RIGHT OR WRONG.
• Strong TRIBALISM or clan-consciousness. Doesn't always acknowledge natural peers surrounds self with a selected peer circle, (family, the gang, fraternity, religious brotherhood, political party, astrology, philosophical movements, or other family surrogates that give a sense of heritage and belonging.)
• Very low sexual appetites (de-centralized eroticism = affection and complacence.) Misogamy motif.
• Myth-building and sustaining. Preserving of significant elements of a cultural mythology. They themselves may be candidates for folk-hero (or villain) status (Elvis, Howard Hughes, Nostradamus, the literary birthday for Sherlock Holmes, the most likely candidate for Jack the Ripper, etc.)
• Other General Observations: Highly mutable people, shooting off in multiple directions for various interests; or having serial interests, heavily interested in one topic for a time and then dropping that as they are heavily drawn to others.
The Meaning of Chiron
Chiron’s natal position tells you where your tender, (as of yet) unhealed wound lies. If Chiron is in Aries, the will is damaged; in Taurus, it’s the body image; Chiron in Gemini means trust is betrayed; A Cancer Chiron’s own emotions hurt them; When Chiron is in Leo, creativity and leadership are impaired. Virgo Chiron is wounded by the truth; in Libra’s Chiron, love itself is the wound. Passion costs the Scorpio Chiron pain, and Sagittarius Chirons are lamed by self-doubt. Chiron in Capricorn puts panic into core beliefs, while in Aquarius, Chiron gets completely ostracized. Poor Pisces Chirons have lost their way, can’t navigate the heavy seas of memories. The 13th sign, Ophiuchus Chiron, is the pain of not being believed in your own time.
THE STORY OF CHIRON
A tiny, bright comet whizzes through space like a fractal freak of nature. Breaking away from the deep space cordon of the centaur asteroid belt, this icy rock spins on its wild path alone, not yet captured by any planet. Discovered in 1977 By Charles Kowal, it was named Chiron, after the centaur in Greek Mythology.
In that narrative, Saturn took the form of a stallion in order to pursue and rape the beautiful nymph Philyra, and when Chiron was born, half-horse and half-human, she abandoned him in disgust. Fortunately, the Sun god Apollo adopted Chiron, protected him, and gave him the knowledge of music, prophecy, poetry and healing. Apollo’s love showed Chiron how to love others.
Chiron grew to be a consummate teacher to the sons of kings and many of the most famous Greek heroes, including Jason, Asclepius, Achilles and Hercules. Chiron was given immortality, but it backfired on him. During a battle with some other rampaging centaurs, Hercules accidentally wounded his mentor Chiron with a poisoned arrow. The injury never healed, and Chiron was in constant pain, wishing for death/
Hercules brokered a deal so that Chiron could sacrifice himself for Prometheus, releasing him from Zeus’ punishment, since only an immortal could exchange places with the fire-giver, who was chained to a rock as lunch for eagles. Chiron voluntarily gave up his immortality and died on the rock. However, he was not sent to Hades, but given an revered place among the stars in the constellation Sagittarius.
Chiron earned the title of a “wounded healer” because of the way he lived his life. Since 1977, six other centaur-asteroids from the Kuniper Belt, some larger, have been discovered, but Chiron travels alone, swinging from inside Saturn’s orbit to outside Uranus’ in an eccentric route that takes 50 years to complete. In 1996, Chiron reached perihelion inside the orbit of Saturn, and is now Uranus-bound.
Astrologers see Chiron as the eldest and the most civilized centaur in a tribe of otherwise barbaric nomads. Chiron is the beast who has risen up to embrace his humanity, eschewing his animalistic brethren and is trying to find redemption by healing others. Only after the cruel rejection of his birth and unbearable pain of his life could he fulfill his destiny and get his final reward of grace and honor among the gods.
What Chiron teaches us is that he hardest experience of your life can also be your greatest treasure, and bring out the best in you. Chiron’s place in your chart is a place of pain, but also awareness and rebirth. It is knowledge gained through agonizing experience that can be shared with others while sparing them from going through it themselves.
Chiron reveals our emotional and psychological wounds, from our earliest memories. Aspects to Chiron in a chart describe who or what helps a person heal (flowing aspects) or what people and events further perpetrate the wounding (hard aspects).
This asteroid is a very powerful tool to help us pinpoint the source of our pain and feelings of rejection. The centaur can also show us the place where we have been physically wounded, or are vulnerable to attack by our enemies, and how to reconcile them.
Comparison of the Zodiac systems
|Aries||Mar 21 - April 20||April 15 - May 15||April 19 - May 13|
|Taurus||April 21 - May 20||May 16 - June 15||May 14 - June 19|
|Gemini||May 21 - June 20||June 16 - July 15||June 20 - July 20|
|Cancer||June 21 - July 21||July 16 - Aug 15||July 21 - Aug 9|
|Leo||July 22 Aug 22||Aug 16 - Sep 15||Aug 10 – Sep 15|
|Virgo||Aug 23 - Sep 22||Sep 16 - Oct 15||Sept 16 – Oct 30|
|Libra||Sep 23 - Oct 22||Oct 16 - Nov 15||Oct 31– Nov 22|
|Scorpio||Oct 23 - Nov 21||Nov 16 - Dec 15||Nov 23 – Nov 29|
|Ophiuchus||NA||NA||Nov 30 – Dec 17|
|Sagittarius||Nov 22 - Dec 21||Dec 16 - Jan 14||Dec 18– Jan 18|
|Capricorn||Dec 22 - Jan 20||Jan 15 - Feb 14||Jan 19 – Feb 15|
|Aquarius||Jan 21 - Feb 19||Feb 15 - Mar 14||Feb 16– Mar 11|
|Pisces||Feb 20 - Mar 20||Mar 15 - April 14||Mar 12 – April 18|