|13 Not 12||Our Group||Your Sign||Transits||Today|
|"AQUARIUS" By Hiroko Sakai|
THE AQUARIUS CONSTELLATION
"The stars in the Aquarius constellation can be interpreted as resembling the figure of a man holding a bucket with a pouring stream of water. The constellation Crater is often referred to as his cup. In Babylonian astronomy books, Aquarius is called "GU.LA" or "The Great One" and identified with the god Ea, the ruler of the southern quarter of the Sun's path, the "Way of Ea." In the Hindu zodiac, Aquarius is called "kumbha," which also means "water-pitcher." The Aquarius constellation occupies an area of 980 square degrees and contains five stars with known planets. It can be seen at latitudes between +65° and -90° and is best visible at 9 p.m. during the month of October. The constellation lies in the region sometimes referred to as the Sea, or the Water, an area occupied by many water-related constellations, including Cetus (the Whale),Delphinus (the Dolphin), Eridanus (the Great River) and Pisces (the Fish). In sidereal astrology, the Sun passes through Aquarius from mid-February to mid-March. In popular (tropical) astrology, the Sun is considered to pass through Aquarius from January 20 to February 18. The brightest star in the Aquarius constellation is , beta Aquarii, also known by its traditional name Sadalsuud. The name derives from the Arabic phrase "sa’d al-suud," meaning "luck of lucks." Beta Aquarii has a magnitude of 2.9 and lies 610 light-years from Earth. It is classified as one of the rare yellow supergiants."
SUN IN AQUARIUS
according to Cyril Fagan
• Most “scientific” type: inventive, analytic, delights in investigation and discovery.
• Avoidance of complex systematization (contrary to Cancer). Agnostic, Natural Mysticism.
• Interest in occult and recondite subjects. (Many reincarnationists.) Interest in profound or serious thought.
• Avid reader, absorbs concepts and ideas quickly.
• Highly talented, creative. Very musical (mostly vocal).
• Can judge others and themselves dispassionately, objectively. Takes people for what they are without trying to alter or misrepresent them, without being impressed by pomp, etc.
• Ignores barriers of race or class.
• Rarely pretends to be anything he isn’t (yet many excellent actors). Uses vernacular in writing.
• Sense of humor off the beaten track. Cynical at times.
• Strong opinions freely expressed.
• Needs freedom of movement and action. Behavior often seems unconventional but within certain personal bounds.
• Desired responses must be enticed from them, never coerced or forced.
• Often seems to undermine relationships subconsciously (feeling autonomy threatened?).
• Refusal to surrender personal autonomy even in marriage. Healthy selfishness. Need for privacy. Strong resistance to dealing openly with own feelings.
• Hate to be criticized attempt to denigrate the criticism or rationalize the situation with principles.
• Don’t feel they have anything for which to apologize.
• Drawn to group situations, but not joiners except to fulfill a purpose. Socializes selectively (or with a purpose).
• Bad at personal relations. Misunderstood from being insufficiently expressive or demonstrative (esp. in romance).
• Truthful, high-minded, honest, altruistic, generous.
• He will take up and patronize many, and provide them with the means of life. (Firmicus)
• Sounding boards. Ready to lend an ear (less frequently a shoulder). (Hard for them to terminate an interchange, especially when the other person is talking.) Sentimental.
• Wisdom of life, astute judgment of human character. Knows how to appreciate others.
• Convenience Motif. Keeps things frequently used within close reach. Pragmatic.
• PAUL BUNYON motif. Works hard to make life easy.
• Unaffected manner, blasé, apparently easy-going. Such iconoclasts that nothing they do seems unusual to them.
• Seems low key if not tired. (Fluctuating energy cycles?)
• Weak self-image. Plays down own self (self-effacing?).
• Sensitive, easily hurt, can be terribly touchy (but often won’t express the hurt). Worriers: fear the worst in a strenuous situation. Potentially high anxiety level.
• Money isn’t too important to them: If they have it, they spend it; if not, they go without.
• Gravitation toward future. Frustrated if future doesn’t occur the way they anticipate.
• Fear of dying before accomplishing what they feel they should. Imposes deadlines on self (then procrastinates).
• Employed in public service.
• Industrious (but difficulty concentrating on anything outside of major interest, specially relationships).
• Family-conscious. Strong devotion to both parents and children. Often family is an impenetrable, inviolable circle.
THE MOST STUBBORN SIGN?
Is it Taurus, like the rock, the immovable object and the bastion of homeland security? Or is it Capricorn, who won’t budge an inch into unknown territory without a road map, canteen and exit plan? Or perhaps Scorpio, who, once they have decided something, never turn back, never reconsider, never forgive? Perhaps the Cancer, the hardened individualist, the indisputable boss of the home and defense systems that can withstand an elephant charge? Maybe your pick would be Aries, the combatant, who bashes heads with you until you finally give up the fight? What about Sagittarius, never-say-die champion of the idea Olympics? MORE
image: Tattoo 20
The Age of Aquarius
The age or epoch that we inhabit, lasts more around 2600 years, the time it takes the Sun to precess --move back--into a previous Zodiac sign. Around 1 ACE the Age of Pisces began, as the Earth moved away from Aries and into Pisces. Today we are its last stages. Around 2150 we'll precess back into Aquarius, thus beginning the Age of Aquarius. The entire process takes over 26,000 years (A "Great" year), and it is the basis of the Mayan and Aztec calendars.
|The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas.
–Linus Pauling, 2/28/1901
|We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
–Anais Nin, 2/23/1903
|More Aquarius Quotes|
Comparison of the Zodiac systems
|Aries||Mar 21 - April 20||April 15 - May 15||April 19 - May 13|
|Taurus||April 21 - May 20||May 16 - June 15||May 14 - June 19|
|Gemini||May 21 - June 20||June 16 - July 15||June 20 - July 20|
|Cancer||June 21 - July 21||July 16 - Aug 15||July 21 - Aug 9|
|Leo||July 22 Aug 22||Aug 16 - Sep 15||Aug 10 – Sep 15|
|Virgo||Aug 23 - Sep 22||Sep 16 - Oct 15||Sept 16 – Oct 30|
|Libra||Sep 23 - Oct 22||Oct 16 - Nov 15||Oct 31– Nov 22|
|Scorpio||Oct 23 - Nov 21||Nov 16 - Dec 15||Nov 23 – Nov 29|
|Ophiuchus||NA||NA||Nov 30 – Dec 17|
|Sagittarius||Nov 22 - Dec 21||Dec 16 - Jan 14||Dec 18– Jan 18|
|Capricorn||Dec 22 - Jan 20||Jan 15 - Feb 14||Jan 19 – Feb 15|
|Aquarius||Jan 21 - Feb 19||Feb 15 - Mar 14||Feb 16– Mar 11|
|Pisces||Feb 20 - Mar 20||Mar 15 - April 14||Mar 12 – April 18|