|13 Not 12||Our Group||Your Sign||Transits||TODAY|
|Your Forecast||Elections||Recent Articles||Black Moon||Recipes|
Sun enters Aries
|"APPLAUSE" By Hiroko Sakai|
THE ARIES CONSTELLATION
The constellation Aries has five stars with known planets and contains no Messier objects. There are several well known meteor showers connected to this constellation: the May Arietids, Autumn Arietids, Delta Arietids, Epsilon Arietids, Daytime-Arietids, and Aries-Triangulids. Hamal is the brightest star in the constellation Aries and the 48th brightest star in the night sky. It is a K-type orange giant about twice as massive as the Sun, with an apparent visual magnitude varying between 1.98 and 2.04. Between 2000 and 100 BC, Hamal was located at the vernal equinox, the point that marks the beginning of spring. The name Hamal means lamb and derives from the Arabic phrase rās al-ħamal, meaning “head of the ram." >MORE
INTERACTIVE STARFINDER Topastrologer
THE ARIES PERSONALITY
according to Cyril Fagan
Achilles killing Penthesileia, queen of the Amazons
• ACTION-ORIENTED. Active, dynamic, impatient. Perpetual adolescents.
• Cyclothymic or cycloidal (manic-depressive), though not necessarily financially (as was suggested by Manilius).
• Political. Power-hungry, rather than like Sagittarius social climbers. Need to control and play leader.
• At home in business/commercial world of money-power.
• Must be a leader in whichever situation, either highly orthodox or highly unorthodox. Many disrupt the status quo, revel in their nonconformity, and boost their own egos by causing social disturbances. Capricious.
• Express opinions unhesitantly, honestly, and frequently. Polemical. "Bold in their opinions" (Firmicus). Will not mince words. "Unhindered by modesty" (Manilius). Directness may leave hurt feelings at times.
• Often lack the capacity for empathy, thus insensitive to the feelings or moods of others.
• Image problem expressed either as overt insecurity or blatant overstressed ego. "Uncertain hearts in trembling bosoms" (Manilius).
• Very sensitive to criticism. Rarely admits own mistakes. Slow to retreat or apologize. Can be sarcastic, cruel or dogmatic.
• "Hates to be under an obligation" (Gleadow). Fears indebtedness, does not want gratitude to be expected of him/her.
• Analytical, objective, utilitarian. Immediacy with a practical touch. Theory must be made practical. Resourceful.
• Violent deaths, suicides, accident-prone.
• Many are sexually aggressive, suggestive and want action. Once settled, however, they can be very faithful.
• Strong family sense. Takes great pride in own children. May lean toward extravagance with loved ones.
GO TO THE ARIES PAGE
|"Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless."
–Adoph Hitler, 4/20/1889
|"Whenever feeling has anything to do in the matter, no sooner is it excited than we have already gone vastly farther than we are aware of."
–Catherine the Great, 4/21/1729
|More Aries Quotes|
Comparison of the Zodiac systems
|Aries||Mar 21 - April 20||April 15 - May 15||April 19 - May 13|
|Taurus||April 21 - May 20||May 16 - June 15||May 14 - June 19|
|Gemini||May 21 - June 20||June 16 - July 15||June 20 - July 20|
|Cancer||June 21 - July 21||July 16 - Aug 15||July 21 - Aug 9|
|Leo||July 22 Aug 22||Aug 16 - Sep 15||Aug 10 – Sep 15|
|Virgo||Aug 23 - Sep 22||Sep 16 - Oct 15||Sept 16 – Oct 30|
|Libra||Sep 23 - Oct 22||Oct 16 - Nov 15||Oct 31– Nov 22|
|Scorpio||Oct 23 - Nov 21||Nov 16 - Dec 15||Nov 23 – Nov 29|
|Ophiuchus||NA||NA||Nov 30 – Dec 17|
|Sagittarius||Nov 22 - Dec 21||Dec 16 - Jan 14||Dec 18– Jan 18|
|Capricorn||Dec 22 - Jan 20||Jan 15 - Feb 14||Jan 19 – Feb 15|
|Aquarius||Jan 21 - Feb 19||Feb 15 - Mar 14||Feb 16– Mar 11|
|Pisces||Feb 20 - Mar 20||Mar 15 - April 14||Mar 12 – April 18|